Seniors (don’t) ditch Senior Ditch Day?

Yami Ramirez, Reporter

If you are anything like me, you probably can’t wait to be a senior, finish high school and finally graduate with your friends. But being a senior comes with a lot of pressure usually from teachers, family, or even yourself. Turning in all your required assignments, studying for finals, planning for prom and all the other important upcoming events add on to your stress levels. But aside from all the stressing, comes all the fun! Such as school dances, football games, spring break,”Senior Ditch Day” and graduation. Out of all these exciting things listed does one stand out? Senior Ditch Day!

You would think all of our Seniors ditch on Senior Ditch Day but you are most definitely wrong! Why is that exactly? I went around and interviewed the seniors who DID come to school on this day and I received some pretty interesting feedback. The answers varied from sports or class assignments. Conner Amerine and Conner Fleury both missed out on Senior ditch day for the same reason,”I missed too many days and I’m on contract haha!” Says Conner Amerine. Missing a lot of school can definitely jeopardize your school life. Other students chose to come to school for the respect they have for their parents! Sidni Eason’s says,” Gotta get that perfect attendance! Oh and also the healthy fear and respect I have for my mother.” Along with Christopher Williams,”I had to be here because my mom said I had to or she’d beat me…”.

Not only that but students were enforced to be here especially if they had projects due, or had sports games after school. Priscilla Burquez and Carlos Vargas both came to school because they had big projects due on the day! “I don’t want to fail, so I came.” Said Priscilla. And lastly Alexis Gardillas said she was expected to come,” I had to because I have a game after school and if I didn’t come I wouldn’t be able to play.” These Seniors showed how responsible they are and that sports and school comes before the fun! In the end it will pay off for all of them.