Essential Oil Benefits

Back to Article
Back to Article

Essential Oil Benefits

Cienna Barney, Photographer, Opinion Writer

Essential oils are basically natural oils made from extracts of plant compounds. These oils have been around for more than 5,000 years, and have been used in natural medical practices for centuries. They are even used today, and are popular among some students at Deer Valley. There are multiple benefits to essential oils, and they’ve been proven to improve mental and physical health. Different types of oils can help with different types of problems, such as Tea Tree oil can help to cure acne and improve skin inflammation. Rosemary and Eucalyptus can be used as a natural remedy for cold and flu symptoms, I even use them myself to help colds and they work. Thyme is effective when it comes to respiratory inflammation such as a sore throat.

Although essential oils can be applied in multiple ways, an oil diffuser is the most effective. An oil diffuser uses diffusion to disperse the oils through water vapor, so small amounts of steam comes out of it to fill the room with natural aromas. Some essential oils can be bad for pets, but this is only if they are ingested or applied to the skin. Diffusers are also better because you inhale the oils instead of having to apply them to your skin or take them with water, plus they make the whole room smell good! There are over 100 different natural oils to choose from, so that gives you better chances of finding something that you like. You may even want to blend a few together, or get a premade mix of oils.

The diffusers are also a better option for scent, because unlike incense and candles, they do not involve fire and don’t have any sort of fire hazard. Using these oils is a type of aromatherapy, which is basically therapy by scent. Another benefit to essential oils is that they have very minimal ingredients in them, so allergies to certain chemicals is usually not a problem. You can use them as roll on perfumes so aromatherapy can continue to help even without a diffuser, and may even help others around you. 

About the Writer
Cienna Barney, Photographer

Hi I'm Cienna and I'm like a toothbrush because I liked to be used and then you can throw me away after. Also I love cheesecake.

1 Comment

One Response to “Essential Oil Benefits”

1. Genesis Sandoval on December 7th, 2018 10:41 am

This was a really interesting article! Make sure to do extensive research though on your essential oil before you use it around a pet. And your bio made me laugh.

Greetings from Southern Arizona.

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.

• Essential Oil Benefits

Opinions

Opinion: Donating

• Essential Oil Benefits

Opinions

Which teacher has the best decorated classroom door?

• Essential Oil Benefits

Opinions

Christmas Shopping

• Essential Oil Benefits

Opinions

An Opinion on Drawing

• Essential Oil Benefits

Entertainment

The White Album Remix

• Essential Oil Benefits

Opinions

A Robin Hood Review

• Essential Oil Benefits

Opinions

Photoshop is Ruining My Life

• Essential Oil Benefits

Opinions

Poll: What shoes should Hayden wear?

• Essential Oil Benefits

Entertainment

A Bohemian Rhapsody Review

• Essential Oil Benefits

Blogs

Opinion: A Millenial’s Review of Voting

Essential Oil Benefits