Friday, Feb. 8

WINTER SPORTS SUCCESS

Shout out to BOYS SOCCER!! Winning tonight 4-2 on penaltly Kicks!  So awesome! Congrats boys and GOOD LUCK Saturday!

Boys Basketball will be hosting a 1st round game Tuesday February 12!!

SENIOR NEWS

Seniors – Cap and Gown pictures will be taken on Wednesday, February 13 in the Main Gym Lobby. Come and have your picture taken – these are great to include with graduation announcements. Sign up for a time at room 407.

CLUBS

Christian Club on Campus is having a hygiene item drive from February 7th to February 28th! Bring in new hairbrushes, shampoos, conditioners, deodorants, toothbrushes, toothpastes, and other hygiene items to your homeroom class! All donations will be brought to Phoenix Rescue Mission to aid the homeless and under-privileged! The homeroom class with the most donations will win donuts!! And a huge thank you in advance to all the participants for making an unforgettable impact in your community!!

Best Buddies Fundraiser Night at Doglicious: Friday February 15, come eat delicious hot dogs at Doglicious any time from 5-8 PM! Mention that you are with Deer Valley and they will donate part of the proceeds to support Best Buddies. The address is: 5060 W. Bell Rd Suite A (Right Next to Chevron

SPRING SPORTS BEGIN THIS WEEK If you are interested in trying out for Baseball, Softball, Boys Volleyball, Girls Beach Volleyball, Boys/Girls Tennis, Boys/Girls Track & Field you will need to be cleared. Please stop by the Athletic Office to pick up an Athletic packet if you have not participated in a Fall or Winter Sport already. If you have already been cleared, please make sure that you have selected a spring sport on your Register My Athlete online registration.

Boys Tennis practices from 3:45-5:15 Monday through Friday. All are welcome to come out!

Boys and Girls Track  The official Track and Field season Starts on Monday February 4th. Track is a no-cut sport, everyone is welcome. Athletes currently in a winter sport, we would love to have you come out when your season is over. If you haven’t already played a sport this year, make sure you have all your athletic paperwork completed in the office by the end of next week. We practice after school each day. Come on out and make some new friends. There are 18 events, not every event is on the track, that’s why they call it track and field.

COUNSELING/SCHOLARSHIPS

Northern Arizona University (NAU) will be in the library on Tuesday, February 12th during SET. If you need to meet with the college rep., please stop by the Career Center to sign up for a pass.

Grand Canyon University (GCU) will be in the library on Thursday, February 14th during SET. If you need to meet with the college rep., please stop by the Career Center to sign up for a pass.

Attention students! Barbizon Modeling and Acting School will be at both lunches on Thursday, February 14th.

Juniors!  Interested in attending Boys or Girls State this summer?  Applications are available in the Career Center and deadline to apply is Thursday, February 14th.

Student Volunteer packets for Abrazo Arrowhead Campus are now available in the Career Center. If you are wanting to volunteer this summer, deadline to apply is Friday, March 22nd.

Attention Seniors! The Deer Valley Educational Support Professionals Association scholarship application is now available. Students who are related to a current DVESPA member will have priority but all students are welcome to apply. Deadline to apply is March 1st and applications are available now in the Career Center.

The Joaquin Bustoz Math-Science Honor Program at Arizona State University is an intense academic summer program which allows for students to attend Tempe over the summer and earn university-level math college credits. Any Sophomores, Juniors or Seniors who have completed or in the process of completing 3rd year math and have all A’s or B’s in science and math are welcome to apply. Applications are due no later than Friday, February 15th and are available in the Career Center. Stop by the Career Center for more information about this opportunity or request a pass to see Mrs. Romero.