Monday, Feb. 11

WINTER SPORTS SUCCESS

Congratulations to freshman Jessie McCurry for winning the 1st inaugural Girls Wrestling Championship at 145lbs. – this win was ground breaking and we are so proud of you! It was so awesome watching her on Friday!

Also, congratulations to Boys Soccer for making it to the State Tournament as the #16 seed. They suffered a 1st round loss at the hands of Tucson Salpointe Catholic, but they have no reason to hang their heads! They did a great job!!!

Good Luck to Boys Basketball as they will be opening play at home on Tuesday night as the #2 seed vs. Saguaro. Because this is an AIA State Tournament Game, Deer Valley High school Athletic passes will not be honored. See below for pricing, hope to see the stands packed with Skyhawks in support of our athletes!

State Tournament All Rounds:
$10.00 Adults
$5.00 Students with High School ID, Active Military and Senior Citizens (62 and over)
Children five and under admitted free

SENIOR NEWS

Seniors – Cap and Gown pictures will be taken on Wednesday, February 13 in the Main Gym Lobby. Come and have your picture taken – these are great to include with graduation announcements. Sign up for a time at room 407.

YEARBOOK

Did you fill out the survey to find your best match at DV? Results are in! Pickup your results for $2 in room 407 or during lunch by the cafeteria.

CLUBS

Christian Club on Campus is having a hygiene item drive from February 7th to February 28th! Bring in new hairbrushes, shampoos, conditioners, deodorants, toothbrushes, toothpastes, and other hygiene items to your homeroom class! All donations will be brought to Phoenix Rescue Mission to aid the homeless and under-privileged! The homeroom class with the most donations will win donuts!! And a huge thank you in advance to all the participants for making an unforgettable impact in your community!!

Best Buddies Fundraiser Night at Doglicious: Friday February 15, come eat delicious hot dogs at Doglicious any time from 5-8 PM! Mention that you are with Deer Valley and they will donate part of the proceeds to support Best Buddies. The address is: 5060 W. Bell Rd Suite A (Right Next to Chevron

COUNSELING/SCHOLARSHIPS

Northern Arizona University (NAU) will be in the library on Tuesday, February 12th during SET. If you need to meet with the college rep., please stop by the Career Center to sign up for a pass.

Grand Canyon University (GCU) will be in the library on Thursday, February 14th during SET. If you need to meet with the college rep., please stop by the Career Center to sign up for a pass.

Attention students! Barbizon Modeling and Acting School will be at both lunches on Thursday, February 14th.

Juniors!  Interested in attending Boys or Girls State this summer?  Applications are available in the Career Center and deadline to apply is Thursday, February 14th.

Student Volunteer packets for Abrazo Arrowhead Campus are now available in the Career Center. If you are wanting to volunteer this summer, deadline to apply is Friday, March 22nd.

Attention Seniors! The Deer Valley Educational Support Professionals Association scholarship application is now available. Students who are related to a current DVESPA member will have priority but all students are welcome to apply. Deadline to apply is March 1st and applications are available now in the Career Center.

The Joaquin Bustoz Math-Science Honor Program at Arizona State University is an intense academic summer program which allows for students to attend Tempe over the summer and earn university-level math college credits. Any Sophomores, Juniors or Seniors who have completed or in the process of completing 3rd year math and have all A’s or B’s in science and math are welcome to apply. Applications are due no later than Friday, February 15th and are available in the Career Center. Stop by the Career Center for more information about this opportunity or request a pass to see Mrs. Romero.