Tuesday, April 16

ATHLETICS

Girls Tennis- Today is Senior Night and the last game of the season. Come out and support your Lady Skyhawks.

DVHS Softball is holding a fundraiser tonight, Tuesday, April 16 at Wendy’s (35th Ave & Greenway) from 5-8pm. No flyer is needed and the drive thru is included in the fundraiser. Buy a Frosty and support these hardworking young ladies!

GUEST AT PROM???

If you plan on bringing a guest / being a guest at prom AND plan to get a permission slip signed, please be advised that you must be a “student in good standing” which means passing all classes, behavior demonstrates accountability, integrity, and respect, and attendance is acceptable according to district policies – Mrs. Doucet

REMEMBER: You represent the Skyhawks!

ACA DECA

Deer Valley’s Academic Decathlon will be hosting a meeting on Wednesday 4/17 for those interested in joining next year. Our theme is In Sickness and in Health: An Exploration of Illness and Wellness. We are looking for Deer Valley’s best and bright to make our next season the most successful. So if you want to compete using your brain, come check us out.

TRIVIA NIGHT

Academic Decathlon will be hosting our second annual trivia night on Wednesday May 1st from 6:30-8pm. Come out for trivia, food, and prizes. Teams of up to 6 are invited to participate. There is a $20 entry fee with the proceeds being split with the winning team! Teacher and student teams are encouraged to participate. If you have any questions ask Mr. Brink in room 403.

BEST BUDDIES SPRING PICNIC
Come join us on Wednesday April 17 during lunch on the practice field for a picnic to celebrate the beginning of spring! We will have blankets all you need is your lunch! We are excited to see you there! if you have any questions, please see Mrs. Larson in room 107.

COUNSELING/SCHOLARSHIPS

Glendale Community College (GCC) will be here on Tuesday, April 16th during both lunches.

FIDM (Fashion Institute of Design and Merchandising) will be here on Wednesday, April 17th during both lunches.

Attention Seniors! We would like to introduce the Lorraine Willis Scholarship. This $500 scholarship will be awarded to one male and one female student looking to pursue a college education even though he/she has struggled through high school. Lorraine Willis served DVHS as front office secretary and passed away last Spring. The family is looking to provide this scholarship to a deserving high school student who is in financial need and considered a 1st generation college student. Please see Mrs. Romero in the Career Center for an application.

The Service Academies Conference 2019 will be held at Horizon High School on Saturday, April 27th from 11am to 2pm. This conference will give students and families an opportunity to meet with representatives from the Air Force, Coast Guard, Merchant Marine, Military and Naval Academies. RSVP is required at [email protected] or by calling (480) 926-2411 or stop by the Career Center for more information.