Stressing over grades

Back to Article
Back to Article

Stressing over grades

Sydney Mulder and Devyn Rivera, Opinion Writer

With the end of the year coming up, less than 30 days, students are stressing over getting their grades up. If you are one of those students here are a few tips to help raise your grades.

1)     Extra Credit.

If extra credit is allowed in your class, ask for as much as you can! Yes there is a lot of work but in the end it’s definitely worth your time!

2)     Manage your time.

Managing your time is probably one of the hardest things to do as a teenager, depending if you have anything to do or not. Rather you have work or clubs of any kind, managing you time to be successful in school is priority. It’s hard and we know it. Planners are a great thing if you feel you need more organization in your life.

3)     Staying At School.

Most students hate the idea of staying after or before school but it will pay off in the end. Ask your teachers if he or she has tutoring hours. Talk to your teacher about what you can work on with them.

4)     Missing work.

I advise you to turn in your missing assignments. Depending on your class you may not get the whole credit for the assignments but have some point for the work is better than no points.

5)      STAY FOCUSED!

Now is not the time to screw around! The end of the school year is coming up, AND FAST. If you need to get you grade up you need to stay focused. Messing around in class isn’t going to help you in anyway. If you want your grades up, you need to put the work in.

6.)      Sleep!

Sleep is one of the best things in the world. But the right amount of sleep, that’s the challenging part.  Students need to sleep 8 to about 9 and ½ hours. If you get any less or more you will not be prepared for school. You can’t get your grades up if you are sleeping in class.

7.)      Test corrections.

I don’t know if you know this already but tests make a big contribution to your letter grade. If the teacher allows you to retake test, you should do it.

Remember that finals are coming up. If you are one of those students who isn’t good at test taking and you grades are low, you need to use these tips to get your grades up. Don’t be afraid to talk to you teacher, you need to help yourself and speak. Your teachers may like you, but they don’t want to see you in summer school.