Monday, Aug. 12

ATHLETICS

Cross Country-Official practice starts this week. New and perspective athletes should meet in the Fitness Center at 2:30pm on Tuesday and Wednesday. Please get your clearance paperwork turned into the athletic office. Practice will be over by 4pm this week. If you need more info, come to the fitness center and we can help get you started.

Girls Volleyball: Tryouts will begin on Monday, August 12 in the small gym. Please make sure you have your Physical and Register My Athlete completed and turned into Debbie White this week. Frosh Tryouts: 3:00-4:30 p.m. and JV/Varsity 4:30-6 p.m.

Fall Sports Tryouts/Practice Starts on Monday…  Volleyball, Cross Country, Girls Golf, Boys Golf, Swim/Dive

Football: Freshman See Coach Morgan in room 203 for more information.

STUGO CAMPAIGN WORKSHOPS

Freshmen and sophomores interested in becoming a Student Govt class officer are invited to attend a campaign workshop this Tuesday or Wednesday at 7:00 AM or 2:20 PM in the StuGo room 626. Interested students only have to attend one workshop. Sophomores must have a 2.80 weighted GPA in order to run for a position.

GELATO TUESDAYS

Gerard the Gelato Guy will be back on Tuesdays starting tomorrow, Aug. 13. Check out the selection during lunches. A small cup is only $2.50 and medium cup is $3.50. Cash, credit or Apply pay accepted.

ACADEMIC DECATHLON

Academic Decathlon is an amazing club on Deer Valley campus. Students in this club get to compete against other teams across the region, state, and US to duke it out in a battle of wits. On campus, we meet every Monday after school to divide and conquer the interesting topics of this year’s competition. Students who compete can win medals, trophies, and more importantly take home SCHOLARSHIPS!!! Please join us for an informational meeting this Monday August 12th from 2:15-3pm in room 408 with Mrs. Jorgenson and Mrs. Allen the new coaches for DV AcaDeca!

PICTURE DAY

Pre-Order a portrait package online easily and securely.  Grads Photography will be at Deer Valley HS on August 15, 2019 photographing 9-11th Grade students for Fall pictures and IDs for everybody. For your convenience, you may PRE-ORDER your pictures by CLICKING HERE.  Please remember to be prepared to have a picture taken on picture day.  If you have any questions, please call Grads Photography at 623.580.4723. School dress code will be enforced.

Students that would like free/reduced lunch need to have parents go online and fill out the form.

POLICY ON UNPAID MEAL CHARGES

The Food & Nutrition Department understands that sometimes a student’s lunch account will run low or even go into the negative. To ensure that all students are being treated equally as well as to ensure that we are being fiscally responsible with our limited resources, we want to make our meal charge policy known.

Grades 9 – 12

Should a student in grades 9 – 12 have insufficient funds to pay for a meal, up to one negative meal charge is allowed. Once a student has reached the limit of one meal charge, they will be provided with an alternative meal, for which the student’s account will be charged.

• À la carte purchases are not permitted when the account is in a negative balance.
  • Negative meal charges will not be allowed during the last ten days of the school year.

All Grade Levels

When a negative account balance exceeds the dollar amount equivalent to ten lunches:

• The Principal, Counselor and/or designated staff member of the Food & Nutrition Department will contact the student’s parent(s)/guardian(s) to determine an appropriate resolution of the circumstance.
  • The student’s parent(s)/guardian(s) will be provided application materials for the free and reduced-price meal programs.

It is the parent’s responsibility to monitor the students account balance. At any time, parents can set up low balances reminders and view spending at no cost using EZSchoolPay.com.