Tuesday, Aug. 13

CLUBS

GSA is holding their first officer meeting in Mrs. Veceras room, room 401 after school TODAY.

ATHLETICS

Cross Country-Official practice starts this week. New and perspective athletes should meet in the Fitness Center at 2:30pm on Tuesday and Wednesday. Please get your clearance paperwork turned into the athletic office. Practice will be over by 4pm this week. If you need more info, come to the fitness center and we can help get you started.

STUGO CLASS OFFICER WORKSHOPS

Freshmen and sophomores, if you missed this morning’s StuGo campaign workshop all it not lost! There will be another workshop today at 2:20 and again tomorrow at 7 AM and 2:20 PM in the StuGo room 626. If you are interested in running for a class officer position don’t miss out!

GELATO TUESDAYS

Gerard the Gelato Guy will be back on Tuesdays starting today, Aug. 13. Check out the selection during lunches. A small cup is only $2.50 and medium cup is $3.50. Cash, credit or Apply pay accepted.

PICTURE DAY

Pre-Order a portrait package online easily and securely.  Grads Photography will be at Deer Valley HS on August 15, 2019 photographing 9-11th Grade students for Fall pictures and IDs for everybody. For your convenience, you may PRE-ORDER your pictures by CLICKING HERE.  Please remember to be prepared to have a picture taken on picture day.  If you have any questions, please call Grads Photography at 623.580.4723. School dress code will be enforced.

FREE/REDUCED LUNCH

Have your parents go online to fill out the forms to start receiving free/reduced lunch.

POLICY ON UNPAID MEAL CHARGES

The Food & Nutrition Department understands that sometimes a student’s lunch account will run low or even go into the negative. To ensure that all students are being treated equally as well as to ensure that we are being fiscally responsible with our limited resources, we want to make our meal charge policy known.

Grades 9 – 12

Should a student in grades 9 – 12 have insufficient funds to pay for a meal, up to one negative meal charge is allowed. Once a student has reached the limit of one meal charge, they will be provided with an alternative meal, for which the student’s account will be charged.

• À la carte purchases are not permitted when the account is in a negative balance.
  • Negative meal charges will not be allowed during the last ten days of the school year.

All Grade Levels

When a negative account balance exceeds the dollar amount equivalent to ten lunches:

• The Principal, Counselor and/or designated staff member of the Food & Nutrition Department will contact the student’s parent(s)/guardian(s) to determine an appropriate resolution of the circumstance.
  • The student’s parent(s)/guardian(s) will be provided application materials for the free and reduced-price meal programs.

It is the parent’s responsibility to monitor the students account balance. At any time, parents can set up low balances reminders and view spending at no cost using EZSchoolPay.com.