Thursday, Aug. 15

POLITICAL SCIENCE CLUB

Political Science Club will have its first meeting on Thursday, August 15 in room 301 from 2:15 to 2:45. Please come and get to know other students that are interested in politics!

OUCHIE CLUB

Join Ouchie Club on Friday after school from 12:45-12:55 PM in room 605.

FIRST DRAMA CLUB!

Please join us after school Thursday in room 312 for the first drama club meeting. Find out about drama club, fall play auditions, and Thespian Festival in November. All DVHS students are welcome.

ACADEMIC DECATHLON

Watch this to find out about a unique opportunity on campus!

ATHLETICS

WRESTLING

Anyone interested in wrestling this year, Preseason workouts are starting next week. Every Monday and Wednesday in the wrestling room from 330pm to 530pm.

SCHOOL NEWS

FALL PLAY AUDITIONS

If you want to audition for the fall play comedy/mystery, “Exit the Body”, prepare a memorized, 1-minute monologue to perform. Auditions are Wednesday, August 21 at 2:30 in the auditorium. Call backs will be Thursday, August 22, same time and place. More information is on Ms. Bell’s website, or come see her in room 312. Please fill out the Google form link if you plan to audition.

FREE/REDUCED LUNCH

Have your parents go online to fill out the forms to start receiving free/reduced lunch.

POLICY ON UNPAID MEAL CHARGES

The Food & Nutrition Department understands that sometimes a student’s lunch account will run low or even go into the negative. To ensure that all students are being treated equally as well as to ensure that we are being fiscally responsible with our limited resources, we want to make our meal charge policy known.

Grades 9 – 12

Should a student in grades 9 – 12 have insufficient funds to pay for a meal, up to one negative meal charge is allowed. Once a student has reached the limit of one meal charge, they will be provided with an alternative meal, for which the student’s account will be charged.

• À la carte purchases are not permitted when the account is in a negative balance.
  • Negative meal charges will not be allowed during the last ten days of the school year.

All Grade Levels

When a negative account balance exceeds the dollar amount equivalent to ten lunches:

• The Principal, Counselor and/or designated staff member of the Food & Nutrition Department will contact the student’s parent(s)/guardian(s) to determine an appropriate resolution of the circumstance.
  • The student’s parent(s)/guardian(s) will be provided application materials for the free and reduced-price meal programs.

It is the parent’s responsibility to monitor the students account balance. At any time, parents can set up low balances reminders and view spending at no cost using EZSchoolPay.com.