Friday, Sep. 6

CLUB NEWS

ALL YOU CAN EAT PANCAKES! — See a drama club member or come to room 312 for tickets to our Flapjack Fundraiser. Tickets are $8, and the pancake breakfast will be at Applebee’s at 8001 W. Bell on Saturday, September 14. Please help support drama club!

CCC — Christian Club on Campus invites you to come learn, serve and share the Gospel with others. We meet every other Wednesday after school in room 404 at 2:20 starting on September 11!

SCHOOL NEWS

FREE HOMECOMING DANCE TICKETS — Yes, you heard that right! Student Govt is having a photo contest and giving away 4 Homecoming dance tickets, each valued at $25! All you have to do is attend the first three home football games and in the second half of the game take a picture with a designated administrator. You must be wearing the color theme for the game and have the scoreboard in the background. You will submit the three pictures to StuGo social media or email to be entered into the contest. Check out StuGo social media for more information. Good luck!

AFTER SCHOOL – Looking for things to do after school, especially on those early release Fridays? Check out what the Boys and Girls Club has to offer.September MONTHLY CALENDAR 2019

GCC — Glendale Community College will be here for on Thursday, September 12th during SET. Sign up in the career center or using the QR code.

GCU — Grand Canyon University will be here for on Thursday, September 12th during lunches.

OTTOWA U — Ottawa University will be at lunches on Tuesday, September 10th

PSAT — The PSAT will be offered at Deer Valley High School on Wednesday, October 16th at 7:30am. It will cost $20. To register for the exam, bring your $20 to the bookstore by September 13th. View this website for more info: https://www.dvusd.org/Page/65093

FREE/REDUCED LUNCH — If you participated in the meal assistance program last year you are eligible for the first 30 days of the school year only. All students must submit a new application by September 18, 2019. If a new application is not received by September 18, 2019, You will pay the full meal price starting September 19, 2019.

SENIOR PICS — Senior picture deadline is September 30th. Make your appointment with Grads by going to Gradsphotography.com to schedule your appointment. Appointment times are filling up fast.

ATHLETICS — Good luck to all our Skyhawks! 

• First home football game of the season is today against Thunderbird. It’s a white out, Deer Valley!
  • Cross Country will show off their running stamina in a meet today at the Crooked Tree Golf Course.
  • Badminton plays in an invite tomorrow bright and early in the morning!