Wednesday, Sep. 11

CLUB NEWS

MAD — Making a Difference (M.A.D.) will host their first meeting of the year on Thursday, September 12 after school in Mrs. Everett’s room (125). If you are looking for way to make a positive impact on your school and community this is the club for you! Hope to see you there!

ALL YOU CAN EAT PANCAKES! — See a drama club member or come to room 312 for tickets to our Flapjack Fundraiser. Tickets are $8, and the pancake breakfast will be at Applebee’s at 8001 W. Bell on Saturday, September 14. Please help support drama club!

DRAMA — Don’t miss Drama Club this Thursday after school in room 312. We’ll start registering for festival and turn in our money for the Flapjack Fundraiser. Come prepared for fun!

CCC — Christian Club on Campus invites you to come learn, serve and share the Gospel with others. We meet every other Wednesday after school in room 404 at 2:20 starting on September 11!

ACADECA — Join our AcaDeca meeting this Monday AND Friday after school with Mrs. Jorgenson in room 408. We will be discussing club issues and study for competition. Join us for a fun, friendly, study environment. Make friends, push yourself and meet goals. Our theme is “In Sickness and in Health: Illness and Wellness” with topics such as Frankenstein, Biology of Cancer, Death musical melodies, Economics, History, and Trigonometry.

D&D — D&D club is a tabletop RPG where people make characters, sit around a table, and play the game with friends. The meetings/sessions are every Thursday right after school to 4:30 pm in Mr. Carlson’s class (room 204). Open to any new players!

SCHOOL NEWS

GCU — Grand Canyon University will be here for on Thursday, September 12th during lunches.

GCC — Glendale Community College will be here for on Thursday, September 12th during SET. Sign up in the career center or using the QR code.

PSAT — The PSAT will be offered at Deer Valley High School on Wednesday, October 16th at 7:30am. It will cost $20. To register for the exam, bring your $20 to the bookstore by September 13th. View this website for more info: https://www.dvusd.org/Page/65093

FREE/REDUCED LUNCH — If you participated in the meal assistance program last year you are eligible for the first 30 days of the school year only. All students must submit a new application by September 18, 2019. If a new application is not received by September 18, 2019, You will pay the full meal price starting September 19, 2019.

SENIOR PICS — Senior picture deadline is September 30th. Make your appointment with Grads by going to Gradsphotography.com to schedule your appointment. Appointment times are filling up fast.

ATHLETICS TODAY

Freshmen Football plays at home today against Prescott at 6pm.

Girls Golf is up against McClintock this afternoon.

Athletes – make sure your coaches send their results in so we can recognize your hard work!