Tuesday, Nov. 5

Editor’s note: Sorry, forgot to add a Pledge video. It’s “Wing It Tuesday,” everyone. 

CLUB NEWS

DECA – We’re meeting on Tuesday this week after school in room 620. There’s important info to share so make plans to attend!

GSA — GSA will be canceled today, we are rescheduling for next Tuesday November 12 in room 401. We will be covering some LGBT history that day.

Christian Club on Campus — CCC is hosting a clothing drive for foster children through Arizona’s Children Association 11/6 – 11/22. Please donate your gently used clothes to your home room. New clothes and undergarments are not necessary but welcomed. The class with the most donations will win a donut party!

Christian Club on Campus — Come join us this Wednesday in room 404 for snacks, prayer and fellowship!!

HOSA — We’re having a holiday collection!

SCHOOL NEWS

COSMO SCHOOL — Avalon School of Cosmetology will be here Wednesday, November 6th during both lunches. Stop by their table to get information about cosmetology or esthetics.

CONGRATS! — Congratulations to AcaDeca! DV Academic Decathlon took 3rd place overall in the district scrimmage. Our team medaled in 7 out of the 10 events: Speech, Essay, Interview, Art, Science, Music, and Literature.

Junior Dreux Rude medaled in Art, Speech, and Science; Sophomore Paige Gaona medaled in Art, Interview, Essay, Music, AND Literature; Freshman Ben Ma medaled in Art, Senior Tim Boleratzky medaled in Speech, Sophomore Arianna Patterson medaled in Science, and Senior Nylla Clark medaled in Literature (with a special shout out to her teacher Mrs. McGowan). AND congratulations again to the whole competition team this weekend as it was indeed a TEAM effort to get 3rd place overall at the event and be matched up with Boulder Creek and BASIS Peoria.

NROTC SCHOLARSHIP — Juniors and Seniors, there will be a presentation on the NROTC Scholarship on Thursday, November 7th during SET. If you are planning on being in ROTC in college and then are looking towards a career in the Marines, sign up to come to the presentation. If awarded the scholarship, you would get up to $180,000 towards college expenses. Must have 22 on ACT, or 1000 on SAT, or 74 on ASVAB. See this website for more information: https://www.nrotc.navy.mil/scholarship_benefits.html Use this QR code to sign up.

GCC — Glendale Community College will be here for on Thursday, November 7th during SET. Sign up in the career center or using the QR code.

FINANCIAL AID — Seniors, the financial aid application called the FAFSA is open. This is how to get help to pay for colleges, universities, and trade schools. Apply as soon as possible. If you need help or have questions, we have another Financial Aid night in the library this Thursday at 5pm. Bring your parents! See the flyer for what else to bring.

HOW TO PAY FOR COLLEGE — Freshmen, sophomore, and juniors: Do you have a plan to pay for college? Come with your parents to a presentation on Thursday, November 7th at 6pm in room 212. Learn about financial aid, scholarships, and college savings accounts. See flyer.

ATHLETICS TODAY

Volleyball hosts Lake Havasu at 6:30 tonight in their run for state! Support this crazy good team!