DVHS Announcements

Need a job?

A local tree service is hiring for the summer and possibly long term. No experience needed, but must be 15.5 or older. You’d be loading tree and/or palm fronds into the truck, raking, blowing, and yard clean up. Early start to the day, early end to the day. Pick up a flyer in the career center. Or call to set up an appointment to fill out an application by calling Rod/Donna at 602-863-3535.

Are you a lifeguard? Arrowhead Country Club’s summer camp is hiring lifeguards for the summer from 6/7 to 7/23 Monday through Friday. If you have your lifeguard certification you can email [email protected] for more information or you can apply at kecamps.com. Flyers are available in the career center in counseling.
Under the Stars Prom
Tickets for this year’s senior prom-type event are on sale both online and at the bookstore for $25 per person. Online sales will end this Thursday, April 22 at 11 PM and bookstore sales end this Friday, April 23 at 3:30 PM. Contracts for guests from another DV district high school or district online program are available in the bookstore. The event is this Saturday, April 24 from 8-11 PM.
Prom Royalty Voting
Voting for this year’s Prom King and Queen is available to seniors only in the Voting4Schools app through this Thursday, April 22. The King and Queen will be announced this Friday, April 23.
Blood Drive
Any students 16 or older that did not sign up for the blood drive last week can stop by Mrs. Gillette’s room 121 to sign up. Students that are 16 or 17 years old must turn in a signed Minor Donor Permit in order to donate. The blood drive is being held next Tuesday, April 27.

NEED A JOB?: Portillo’s is opening a restaurant near Arrowhead Mall in Glendale and now hiring! Check out the flyer to apply. Must be at least 16 years old. Flyers are also available in the career center.

NEED VOLUNTEER HOURS?: 

Need volunteer hours? Deer Valley Little League needs teens to help the snack bar at baseball games. If you are interested in helping, email [email protected] Come see Mrs. Price in counseling if you’d like advice as to how to craft that email.

HELP OTHERS:

Are you someone who never eats all of your lunch? Well HOSA, the Health Occupations Students of America club, will be collecting all prepackaged food items served at lunch to donate to Saint Vincent de Paul. So please put any unopened chips, juices, and other nonperishables into the marked boxes located at all of the main eating areas during both lunches.