DVHS Announcements

Give Back: Blood Drive Sign Ups-Sign ups for the April 27 blood drive will take place during both lunches all this week. Students that are 18 may sign up by showing a driver’s license or other ID with a birthdate and students that are 16 or 17 may sign up with a signed Minor Donor Permit.

Need a job?

A local tree service is hiring for the summer and possibly long term. No experience needed, but must be 15.5 or older. You’d be loading tree and/or palm fronds into the truck, raking, blowing, and yard clean up. Early start to the day, early end to the day. Pick up a flyer in the career center. Or call to set up an appointment to fill out an application by calling Rod/Donna at 602-863-3535.

Are you a lifeguard? Arrowhead Country Club’s summer camp is hiring lifeguards for the summer from 6/7 to 7/23 Monday through Friday. If you have your lifeguard certification you can email [email protected] for more information or you can apply at kecamps.com. Flyers are available in the career center in counseling.
  • SENIORS!
  • Prom tickets: Tickets for the April 24 Senior Prom, “Under the Stars”, will be on sale both this week and next week for $25 per person. Tickets may be purchased online or in the bookstore. Guest contracts for guests from another DV district high school or district online program are available in the bookstore.
  • Prom guest contracts: Guest contracts for the April 24 “Under the Stars” senior Prom are available in the bookstore. Seniors may bring one guest from a Deer Valley district high school or district online program. No contracts are required if bringing another Deer Valley High School student.
  • JUNIOR AND SENIORS!
  • Are you interested in the FBI? There is an FBI Virtual Teen Academy this summer on Thursdays from June 17- July 15th from 2:00 p.m.- 4:00 p.m. The FBI Teen Academy provides an opportunity for juniors and seniors to catch a behind-the-scenes look at the FBI. Upon completion of the course, students will foster a greater understanding of the FBI’s mission and how we serve our citizens, community, and nation. Applications are due 4/14. More information and the application here: https://www.fbi.gov/contact-us/field-offices/phoenix/community-outreach
  • NEED A JOB?: Portillo’s is opening a restaurant near Arrowhead Mall in Glendale and now hiring! Check out the flyer to apply. Must be at least 16 years old. Flyers are also available in the career center.
  • NEED VOLUNTEER HOURS?: 
  • Volunteer opportunity in Black Canyon City in honor of Earth Day on Saturday, 4/17 from 8:30-noon. Black Canyon Heritage Park (BCHP) and Bureau of Land Management (BLM) are hosting an Earth Day – Work Day at the Park. Check in at 8:30 AM followed by short safety briefing, then work day is 9am-noon. 
  • Need volunteer hours? Deer Valley Little League needs teens to help the snack bar at baseball games. If you are interested in helping, email [email protected] Come see Mrs. Price in counseling if you’d like advice as to how to craft that email.
  • HELP OTHERS:
Are you someone who never eats all of your lunch? Well HOSA, the Health Occupations Students of America club, will be collecting all prepackaged food items served at lunch to donate to Saint Vincent de Paul. So please put any unopened chips, juices, and other nonperishables into the marked boxes located at all of the main eating areas during both lunches.